As this semester hits “crunch” time for many of us, it is important to recognize the importance of time management. When most of us think of going to college, we all probably thought more about the glorious social life and the fun we’d have instead of sitting at our computers for hours.
So how do we decide what is the most important thing to accomplish? Obviously, we are all here to get our education. Not one of us wants to graduate and be unemployed. Here are a few tips I’ve learned recently to help ease the pain of this time.
1. Write a “To-Do” list. (I know this seems basic, but it really helps.)
2. Find the most important thing on the list (either based on time or the amount of work it requires), and start on it.
3. Knock out one thing at a time. Trying to jump projects just makes it seem as though you will never finish. Doing it all individually helps when you look back at the list and see one less thing.
4. Don’t be afraid to take a time out. (THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM PROCRASTIONATION!) If you just work, work, and work some more, you may become a zombie.
5. Reward yourself when you are done. (This reward is up to you…)
I hope this helps!